Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another year!

This coming weekend will be the 2nd Annual (and it is annual since we've gone more than once), college room mates weekend!  My "actual" college roommates are named Debi and Kim, or Kim and Debi, just depends on who comes to mind first.  They are both equally important in my life.  Along the way (after graduation) we picked up a couple of other "roomies",  Sharon and Cindy.  Sharon was in college with D, K and myself, but already had a roommate.  And Cindy is the baby of the group and was in college after Debi, Sharon and I graduated.  She became good friends with Kim, and well, that's good enough for the rest of us!  So technically I had 2 college roommates, but when someone asks, we all just consider each other college friends regardless of when you jumped on the friendship train.

This year we have rented a cabin in a state park that is about an hour from my house.  Yes, it has heat and hot running water.  Unfortunately Debi and Sharon will be MIA this year, but we plan to have fun for them!  While I will miss Mr. Non-stop and Mr. Chop Haus, the girls weekend is something I look forward to.

Debi and Kim and I went on a few previous trips, just the three of us, Chicago and Raleigh, NC (where my sister lives).  But once Mr. Non-stop arrived, well as most new mommies find out, leaving just ain't that easy.  Now that he is a little older and I'm only going an hour away, it is much easier.  Plus Mr. Chop Haus should be "daddy of the year" along with "hubby of the year".  He completely enjoys being a daddy and I would like to think he "likes" to help me around the Haus!

So another year passes as I pack my bags for a short trip away.  I certainly hope in another 20 years, we are still heading out as a group of college "roomies".


1 comment:

  1. Very well put, Lori! I'm sooooo ready for our weekend of "roughing it" in the woods. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete