Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crab Cakes

A seafood favorite!  Such simple ingredients and the recipe is on the side of the Old Bay Seasonings container!
2 slices bread, crusts removed
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 tsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 egg, beaten
1 lb. crab meat

I seldom have bread so I usually use about 1/3 cup bread crumbs, omit the mustard and add waaaaay more seasoning that what the recipe calls for, but then again I LOVE Old Bay!

However, the recipe works great as originally written.!

Break bread into small pieces, mix in mayo, Old Bay, parsley, mustard and egg. Stir in crab meat.


 I divide the mixture into 6 equal parts and roll into balls

Then flatten and shape into patties.  These are about 3/4 of an inch thick

You can broil for 10 minutes or brown in a skillet.  I choose the skillet.  Heat up the skillet, I add a little olive oil, turning once and they come out browned!




These are not super stuck together because there isn't a lot of filler (bread).  Use a good size spatula and only turn once. 


 Seriously, the recipe is on the side of the Old Bay Seasoning container


The Chop Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment