Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween Costume

Yes, I know, Halloween is over, but it is still one of my favorite holidays.  I love dressing up and going to our friends annual costume party.  Mr. ChopHaus goes along with this, well, because he has to!  I think mostly he goes along with it because I have so much fun.

This year I wanted something simple, quick and easy.  I (there was no we) decided on Velma and Shaggy.  For Mr. ChopHaus all we needed was a green t-shirt, and the best part, he could wear it again!  He grew out his beard and then shaved and trimmed it the day of the party.

 I borrowed an orange turtleneck, my sister just happened to have one and the shoes are mine.  I had to buy the skirt, Salvation Army sale day for 99 cents and the glasses came from the Target $1 bin.  It was the orange socks that proved to be the most elusive and most expensive!  I ended up buying them at a sporting goods store.  They are baseball socks!  Total cost for the socks, $5.99 plus tax.  And I still wear the socks, they go great under my boots.  Not bad for inexpensive, easy costume!


The Chop Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment