Monday, March 18, 2013

Cilantro Lime Chicken

As always, I am looking for something different for dinner.  On occasion I try to "pass one by" my hubby.  Needless to say, this one didn't get to far.  I already knew I was pushing my luck, black beans AND corn.  I should have known better!

First let me say, the recipe is good, the food cooked great and I LOVED it.  Hubby and Mr. Non-Stop apparently disagreed with my conclusion.  So while I won't give up trying new recipes, this one did not make it into our rotation, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it!

Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Corn and Black Beans

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
Juice from 2 limes
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin 

salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 

Place all ingredients in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag. Mix together and zip bag closed.

When ready to eat, remove from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. Cook on LOW for 8 hours (or HIGH for 4 hours). 

Serve with tortillas and toppings such as with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and cheese.

Recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff adapted from Over the Big Moon
Don't give up, keep trying and just because some one else didn't like it, doesn't mean you won't!
 
The Chop Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment