Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Deal of the Day!

We were out of town last weekend, so my normal Sunday grocery shopping didn't happen until Monday after work.  As Mr. Non-Stop (who needed a nap, but didn't get one), quickly walked the aisles of Aldi's, we found strawberries, 99 cents a container!!!  I couldn't stand it, I bought 8, yes 8.

And WHAT am I going to do with all of those.  Well, I've washed and cleaned 7 of the 8 containers.  6 were sliced and frozen to be used for smoothies, my BodybyVi shakes and oatmeal.  1 container was eaten while cleaning and for a smoothie last night.  That leave 1 container in the fridge that will get eaten over the next day or 2.  And at that, 8 containers of strawberries are used up. 

More importantly, these were really good strawberries.  I think I only threw away about 5 total because they were bruised and already really mushy. 










In case you are wondering how I freeze all those strawberries, I clean and then quarter them.  This is 2 containers done and ready to go.



















I then line a cooked sheet with wax paper and spread out the quartered strawberries.  Once they are frozen (or almost frozen), I place them in a freezer ziploc bag, way cheaper than buying frozen strawberries (and really easy!)

















Now I just have to wait until blueberries are ripe!


The Chop Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment