Thursday, May 16, 2013

Teacher Gifts

I just wasn't sure what I was going to do about teacher gifts this year.  Last year the moms at the pre-school did a big combined gift, one for each of the 2 teachers.  I didn't hear anything this year so I figured I better start planning.    Mr. Non-Stop's last day of school is this Friday, so even though teacher appreciation "week" was last week, I'm doing their gifts this week.

After a little researching and just plain searching I came up with 3 different ideas.  One for each day Mr. Non-Stop goes to school.

Hugs and Kisses
Small Mason Jar, filled with Hershey Kisses.  I made a foiled covered kiss to attach to the outside.  The tag reads: Thanks for a great year! Hugs & Kisses, "Mr. Non-Stop"



Thanks for Helping Me Bloom and Grow!
These were small brown paper bags (2 per plant), I cut cardboard to insert into the bottom.  I used zig zag scissors to cut around the tops of the bag, I probably cut them down about half way.  I attached long ribbons for handles and stapled them to the bags in a X pattern.  The photo below shows both the front view of the bags and the side view.  I just love the fact that my tags match the flowers!



I Couldn't Have Picked a Better Teacher! 
This was a small pot from Wal-Mart, I shredded a brown paper bag for the stuffing in the bottom.  I added the "Fresh Picked" Strawberry soap from Bath and Body Works, along with a gift card and some hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries.  I made a paper cone and line it with wax paper for the strawberries so they didn't stick to the other items.  I also included a ziploc baggie, tucked behind the gift card so the teachers could cover the strawberries or at least make it easier to transport.


Mr. Non-Stop's teachers loved the gifts and I got the eat the extra chocolate covered strawberries! (every body won)



The Chop Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment